• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (JULY 22, 2007) – GREAT AMERICAN BASH 2007
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 22, 2007, WWE presented Great American Bash 2007 on PPV. This PPV ended up being Bobby Lashley’s final WWE show (before his return to WWE in 2018), where he challenged John Cena for the WWE Championship in the main event.
Also on the show, Hornswoggle won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship to become the final WWE Cruiserweight Champion (as the Title was then retired) until 2016 (when WWE brought back the Cruiserweight Division and the Title) and “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton slayed yet another legend, Dusty Rhodes.
Below are the results from the show:
– United States Championship Match: MVP (c) def. Matt Hardy to retain the Title.
– Cruiserweight Open for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Hornswoggle def. Chavo Guerrero (c), Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Funaki and Jamie Noble to win the Title.
– Singapore Cane on a Pole Match: Carlito def. The Sandman
– WWE Women’s Championship Match: Candice Michelle (c) def. Melina to retain the Title.
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Umaga (c) def. Jeff Hardy to retain the Title.
– ECW World Championship Match: John Morrison (c) def. CM Punk to retain the Title.
– Texas Bullrope Match: Randy Orton def. Dusty Rhodes
– World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great Khali (c) def. Kane & Batista to retain the Title.
– WWE Championship Match: John Cena (c) def. Bobby Lashley to retain the Title.
Below are the highlights from the show:
• RUMOR KILLER ON MAJOR HULK HOGAN SUMMERSLAM 2018 PLAN
There’s a rumor going on that we’re going to see a Triple Threat match at SummerSlam 2018 for the Universal Championship between Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns & Bobby Lashley.
While this could very well happen, it is also being rumored that recently reinstated WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan will be the special guest enforcer for this match and that Lashley will win this match to become the new Universal Champion and this will lead to Hogan raising the hand of the first-ever black Universal Champion.
While this would sound as a good plan to many, but the possibility of this scenario happening is very little.
Also, we would like to clear it up that this isn’t even a rumor, it is something that Pro Wrestling Sheet’s Ryan Satin “feels” we’re going to get:
— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) July 17, 2018
So this plan isn’t something that was discussed at one point or something that WWE still plans to do. It was just something that a guy felt could happen and multiple sites began reporting as an actual rumor/report.